Cydia upgrade package question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by senorian, Aug 6, 2009.

1. senorian macrumors regular

so I have an update for Ifile. However, it's now turned into a paid app. I just want to keep it as is but my changes icon still shows 1 update. How do I get rid of this?

2. egk69 macrumors 6502

haha, yeaah! i dont want to update either!!

it was free, now its a paid app! :mad:, i rarely use it, as a matter of fact i have only use it 1 time to FIX cydia, so i wont update cause if cydia gets **** up again i can simply go to ifile and fix it...

3. senorian thread starter macrumors regular

I've only used it to change the text on the slider. So do we just have to leave the change update on forever? or is there a way to turn it off w/out updating?

4. hamsup1o macrumors member

Feel free to upgrade to the latest version. Here's the description on the developer's website:

iFile is now ShareWare. The reason is that asking for a donation does not really fit since I actually require that at least a certain amount of users will send me some money, call it donation, registration fee or whatever.

It will work the following way:

* Release 1.0.1-1 allows users to register their copy after having bought it in Cydia Store.
    * All users who already donated will of course become automatically registered users. If you have NOT received an email from me calling you registered users, means that I somehow missed your donation - PayPal did not send out some of the emails as it seems. Please send me an email through Cydia and I will check my PayPal transaction log.
    * A user can register up to 3 devices.
    * Users who won't register will still see the pop-up once a day, but iFile will continue to work for them as today.
    * If too few users register their iFile copy, I might release new features only to registered users and to all others one release later.
    * Existing "free" features will always stay "free" without registration also in future.

5. duceduc macrumors newbie

If I donate rather pay through cydia, will I still become a registered user? The donate button is still there.