Cydia upgrades issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by globalist, Sep 3, 2010.

1. globalist macrumors 6502a

So I went to update my wife's Cydia apps after a loooong time (she also has Rock installed but I'm not touching that after the spring update debackle) and I have 18 available upgrades but it just won't install any of them.

It tries to download the first one and then it throws:

http://apt.modmyi.com
    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    *click OK

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    *click OK

Restart Springboard

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: i just checked and apt.modmyi.com is in my Cydia sources, so what gives really?

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Sounds to me like you may be trying to upgrade an app which you have not paid for? Is that a possibility? Why not try the updates one by one? You can go into each on in the "Changes" section and choose "modify > upgrade" That way you can find out which it is...

3. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I'm doing just that now, going one by one.

God I hate Cydia and it's constant "Reloading data", "Loading changes", "Reloading changes", "Loading data", "Annoying you with my slowness now" popups. Even more so on a slow 3G.

Edit: OK I found it's the G.O.C. Pro theme package which I have previously bought (how else would it appear in my installed packages?) that's causing this. WTF?

4. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Yeah, can be a real pain. Worth dropping off an email to the author to confirm your payment status then... Hope you get it sorted.