Cydia upgrades killed wifi on 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by itsmeoreo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. itsmeoreo macrumors member

hello, i recently did cydia upgrades on my gf's 3G using wifi and when I rebooted, the wifi couldnt find any network. She hasnt updated cydia in a couple months since she lives in a dorm. is this a normal occurance in which upgrading cydia stops the wifi from finding any network? I have a 3gs and havent had any problems. upgraded to 4.0.1 and upgraded cydia as well.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. ZazenZach macrumors member

im assuming you are confused about what you are talking about. what do you mean by cydia upgrades? are you saying you upgraded the jailbreak version? ie you installed the new redsn0w or whatever jailbreak application youre using?

if you updated the jailbreak application without a compatible iOS, then that could cause problems

3. itsmeoreo thread starter macrumors member

jailbroke the 3g with spirit in may. every now and then, cydia would have updates under the "changes" section. so, not really upgrade but updates. my mistake on wording.

for example, there was a mobile substrate update within cydia which i just did on my 3gs. anyway, i installed these updates (around 7 of them) on my gf's 3g (running 3.1.3), and wifi no longer finds any network. btw, she hasnt installed any updates, prior to me updating some cydia files today, since i did it for her in june.