Cydia will not let me install/delete packages

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bored911, Mar 19, 2010.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

Hey guys, so I installed a package from one source, and then tried to download an addition from another source, but it turns out it tried to download the first package again from a different source, which naturally produced an error. I restarted the phone and thought nothing of it. But when I later went to download another package, it kept trying to install the original package from the second source and giving me and error, therefor not letting me install anything. Same thing happens when I try to delete anything, including the original package from the original source. Anyone know what I can do?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe if you stopped talking in generic terms and told us precisely what you installed/tried to install we could help you.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I agree, way too confusing :eek:

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Try again! We can help given a clear explanation.

5. KDItochforeverM macrumors newbie

Cydia will not let me install/delet packages

the same thing is kind of happening with my cydia. when ever i try to install something it said that something died unexpectently and is cydia goes off. so i reinstalled cydia and now cydia is not showing any of my packages that i installed before but all of the packages are still on my ipod:confused:. i cant uninstall them and they are taking up a lot of space on me ipod. so how do i uninstall cydia without uninstalling the packages that i still want?:(help Please!>>>

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You cannot reinstall Cydia over top of an existing Cydia install, you lose the installed items data.

I believe a restore, set up as new, is the only fix.

7. arunwaran macrumors newbie

Found a Way

I had the same problem. I couldn't install or uninstall so i reinstall cydia and the package i wanted to get rid did not work, but cydia deletes everything you have so i found the same source and installed the package i wanted to get rid of so cydia just wrote over the old one so i can go back to cydia and uninstall it and it worked.

8. cannmann macrumors newbie

Cn any1 help me?? i have downloaded bitesms from xsellize a few months ago, now everything i try to Install or remove always trys to install bitesms while its running whatever im tryin to do! now some of the packages wont remove and my iphone 3gs needs to respring after everything i try to do in cydia! please help as this is annoying my head bigtime!

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

sorry not going to help you with pirating BiteSMS buy it! it's worth every penny. oh and helping people pirate is aganst forum rules. ;)

10. cannmann macrumors newbie

Yea dats why i want to get this sorted! im new to this whole jailbreaking thing and didn really no much about it! i want to start afresh but when i try to restore my phone without updating itunes wont let me! and i wud rather buy them than pirate as i trust them more!

11. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Try restoring to iOS 4.1 and re-jailbreaking.

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If the user doesn't have the blobs, then that won't be possible. And considering how ignorant the user is, I doubt the user has blobs.