Cydia wont launch 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CoachStall, Jun 22, 2010.

1. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Running OS 3.0 jailbroke and unlocked on a 8 gig 3G. Using Cincy Bell.

Phone doesnt connect with Edge much anymore, and some times when E is present, still no cell data network connection. Signal strength is g2g.

Also, phone will launch Cydia, but shortly after boots out of the program. I respring, restart, turn off, power and home key combo no luck.

Advice, tips, help?

2. Cardiiiii macrumors member

I have a problem where Cydia is 'Downloading Packages' for ages. When I cancel it, there's a 'Error: Refreshing Data' that pops up with a couple 'Failed to fetch' notices. What do I do? And even the Cydia app on my phone is just a white box and not the usual Cydia app logo.

3. CoachStall thread starter macrumors 6502

CoachStall

This is now the major problem, is there any option besides restoring and rejailbreaking?

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I have been getting the never ending "downloading packages" and the errors that follow since yesterday on my 3GS 3.1.2. It's getting kind of annoying, but I have just chalked it up to a heavy load on Cydia's servers due to everyone checking for updates, fresh jailbreaks, etc. I figured I'd give it some time to clear up on it's own before trying anything too drastic.

5. Cardiiiii macrumors member

Sigh. Ok. But any explanation for the plain white box icon instead of the normal brown Cydia icon?

6. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

That I have no clue about. Mine is fine. And as far as the errors go, I really have no clue there either, just figured i would wait it out. Sorry I can't be of more help.

7. Cardiiiii macrumors member

Ok. Looks like Cydia is back to normal. There were some critical updates to install and now everything is fine.

8. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

9. superslashers macrumors newbie

10. CoachStall thread starter macrumors 6502

CoachStall

When i launch Cydia, i see the thinking wheel and "loading data" before it crashes and goes back to my home screen.

I think cydia may be messed up on my phone, everything works well and fine besides cydia.

If i just re-jailbreak again with redsnow, will it reinstall cydia and leave my data intact?