Cydia won't open - quits on launch.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by trublu304, Feb 3, 2010.

1. trublu304 macrumors newbie

I haven't been able to open Cydia since Monday. I have tried deleting some threads from cydia as explained on http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/2009/12/28/more-cydia-crashing-december-28th/ (even though I never had the issue back in December) and I was even able to download the Cydia update through Rock, but still no luck.

I'm on a 3G 16GB running 3.1.2.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

You'll need to connect to your iPhone via OpenSSH or simply use iFile. Just erase every file in var/lib/dpkg/updates

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Btw, the other option is to re-install Cydia via OpenSSH. Hit Return after each command.

→su root

→enter your password (if you still haven't changed it, it's alpine)

→apt-get remove cydia

→apt-get install cydia

→killall SpringBoard

4. trublu304 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try deleting all the updates today under var/lib/dpkg/updates using ifile, see if tht works.

If not I'll try open SSH. (And yes, I changed my password, couldn't take the risk of not! :eek:)

Thanks for the advice!

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Did you manage to resolve it or do you need additional tips?

6. trublu304 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I looked var/lib/dpkg/updates and it was empty. I tried deleting cydia through ifile and reinstalling it through the blackra1n app.

I haven't tried the openSSH yet, I just got home from work. If i connect through ssh on SBSettings will that work just as well as OpenSSH? (That's what I've been using since I jailbroke in October).

I should also note I'm on a mac using cyberduck.

7. Chiny macrumors 6502

I'm havin the same issue, I was thinking to uninstall Cydia threw the Rock App. and then reinstall it but, when I tried it this message popped up saying my phone may crash. Knowing that, I stopped. I guess I can leave w/o Cydia until a good jb is out for 3.1.3 3g(s)

8. trublu304 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I was able to connect using my mobile terminal and execute the command to remove cydia, but when typing the command apt-get install cyda, i get the following error: E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential

At least I can use Rock in the meantime.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Same thing happened to me. It took a full restore to get Cydia working.

10. mizcutie101 macrumors newbie

I have a solution...

If its already been stated oh well I found a way that it works without all the b.s.

1. find "spirt" for jailbreaking iphone
    2. jailbreak it cydia should open back up
    3. easy as that