cydia wont update mobilesubstrate to 0.9.3043-1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nhw, Oct 3, 2009.

1. nhw macrumors member

I have 3.1 and my mobile substrate is on 0.9.2966-1. Cydia doesnt show me any update to the newest version of mobilesubstrate? can anyone help please.

thank you

2. contempt macrumors member

Same here. I'm hearing certain folks who have Winterboard working on 3.1 on a 3Gs all due to a Mobile Substrate upgrade. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few who has Winterboard crashing Springboard into Safe Mode. Any help would be appreciated. I've rejailbroken many times, re-installed Cydia, but can't seem to figure it out.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It's here

SSH it in.

Upload the .deb file to /var/root/.

Open Mobile Terminal

Type "su" and hit return when you first launch terminal then it will ask for a password
    type "alpine" then tap return

type cd ~ ; dpkg -i «filename.deb», where you have to replace «filename.deb» with the file name of the uploaded file (without the guillemets). Also pay attention as case matters, one is a tilda, not a comma

Respring your device.

4. contempt macrumors member

Thanks for the upload and instructions. Unfortunately, my Winterboard still brings up Safe Mode. Did you test this on a 3Gs with 3.1? I rechecked Mobile Substrate in Cydia and it indeed says it's 0.9.3043-1. So I'm perplexed what the problem is. I don't even have anything active in Winterboard when I start it up so it can't be any of my themes.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Cydia apps often automatically load other required extensions.

6. drpellypo macrumors 6502

OPen up mobilesubstrate in cydia and let it sit on the page that shows the app for a min or so. It should automatically refresh.

7. nhw thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the tips dhlizard.

i found out my problem is that cydia cant update new data (errors on fetching data on the start screen) so i re-jailbreak it and unlocked it. However I still cant get any update. Any ideas?

@drpellypo - i tried that but noting shows..

thanks

8. contempt macrumors member

Alright, got everything working in 3.1 on the 3Gs. Had to re-jailbreak, as my Cydia wasn't updating. After the reinstall, Cydia updated and shows the newest Mobile Substrate and newer Winterboard. It works flawlessly.

9. nhw thread starter macrumors member

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Thanks for the update ! :)

11. Cointreau macrumors member

This explains why I couldn't get the most recent version of Cycorder a week ago when I was trying to update to 3.1.

Thanks for the information and updates!

I am running quite well now.