Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Arsu, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Arsu macrumors member

hey guys
    I was wondering how I can backup my purchases and downloads that i have on my iPhone 4 from cydia. the reason was that I am changing my devise so is there something i can do so that i can backup everything that i have on my phone that it can be backed up so that once i get the new devise and jailbreak it i can automatically put all the cydia downloads on the new devise instead of having to download them all over again.

if someone can help id really appreciate it! thanks

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yes, with pkgbackup.

3. Arsu thread starter macrumors member

thanks downloading it now.. also would this bkup be backed up into iTunes? how does it work? do i just download it on to the new devise?

4. Arsu thread starter macrumors member

pkgbackup purchased but keeps running into timeout and application won't download. any help?

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Could just be an issue with the source but you can try rebooting your phone and then attempt to download it again. As far as how it works, it backs up your jb apps as a contact in your address book or to dropbox depending on which option you choose. Dropbox sounds like it will be the better option for you since you're looking to move everything to a new device (you can do it with the contacts option too but you have to rename the contact). Anyway, just read the documentation and you should be good to go. Pretty much all you have to do it go into the settings part of the app to configure it and then run a backup. After that you'll just restore that backup to the new device (you'll have to install pkgbackup to the new device first of course). That's pretty much it.