Cydia's "iFiles" What have you done with this app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, Aug 11, 2010.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I recently downloaded iFiles from Cydia to adjust the game, Fieldrunners. (I picked up some pointers on another forum.) In looking around though I see iFiles as being both a combination of cool and possible horror if used incorrectly!

If you have used iFiles please share your experience and/or purposes for it here. I'd be curious what some have done with this application.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

is a File Manager, so it will allow you to do the same as any file Manager on any system (Explorer on Windows, Finder on OS X, Konqueror on KDE Linux, etc)

You can browser your file system and "manage" the files in there. I used it to install deb packages, to email non-supported files (by the email client). To edit configurations files and create folder for my portable files.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's called iFile. Yes, it can be destructive, so just be careful of what you do.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This ^^
    Don't delete anything without backing it up first.
    Don't delete any core apps (those placed on iPhone thru restore/upgrade--not thru iTunes)

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I first used it to hack games. I modified the gun files in N.O.V.A first, then Sandstorm. It is very difficult, and I just changed random values I saw. So if you ever see somebody shooting a rocket launcher at the pace of a machine gun, you'll know who it is. :)