Cygnett Anti-Glare Screen Protectors for iPad 2 - Bad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by holyindian, Mar 21, 2011.

1. holyindian macrumors 6502

Hi all,

If there are people like me who already have an ipad or brought an ipad recently, and cannot wait until their screen protectors arrive through mail and want to put something on their ipads sooner.. the only option we have that is sold off the shelves in the stores are Zagg or Cygnett.

I recently was scouring for screen protectors for Ipad 2 in the local stores, and Frys and Microcenter were only carrying either Zagg (I would not touch it with even a 6 foot stick), and the other one is Cygnett Opti-Clear Anit-Glare matte finish screen protector.

Having said so, i tried Cygnett, while i was looking for reviews on the internet i could not find any decent review.. cos this is a fairly new item. However the product packaging looked fantastic, i thought of giving it a try. Spent 15 dollars of the product, and brought it home to apply it. Did all the prep work.. and started the application. The application is pretty simple and bubble free cos of the thickness of the screen.. but to my dismay the screen is not cut properly, and does not fit the ipad screen. It is atleast 0.3 - 0.4 inches smaller.
    The camera holes on the top do not align as well. they are way way off.
    From both the sides there is humongous gap. and same for the top and the bottom.

I would say, go for it, only if you want to wait temporarily until your decent screen protector arrives through email. Or just let it pass. This one is a complete dismay.

http://www.cygnett.com/products/cases/opticclear_ipad2.htm

2. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Yep. Picked up the crystal one from Fry's and it definitely doesn't align properly.

3. Bmf79 macrumors member

I picked up the clear version from Microcenter and had the same experience. It's by far the worst screen protector I have ever used. I have the Speck Brand arriving today, we'll see how those go. Fwiw, Microcenter had no problem giving me a refund for the screen protector.

4. holyindian thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that info, i will hit fry's store too once i get my wrapsol and PS anti-glare.

5. holyindian thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that info, i will hit fry's store too once i get my wrapsol and PS anti-glare. Please share your info about Speck?? also PS screen protectors are way too long to be released yet. is there anything similar in the market for Crystal/Clear screens?? I think SGP is still sticky and rubbery like Zagg.. Anything else guys?? Any info on bodyguardz?? or other brands?? For back i know i will be using Wrapsol.. but for front.. its driving me nuts.

6. Bmf79 macrumors member

7. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

My speck original iPad screen protector still fits on my iPad 2, was too lazy to wait for something new to come in the mail so I had those laying around, thought I'd give it a try and it worked out fine.

8. Cygnett macrumors newbie

Cygnett Anti-Glare Screen Protectors for iPad 2 - Bad

Hello iPad Users

At Cygnett we strive to create high quality accessories for Apple products. As all Mac users are aware Apple is very hesitant to release any information about their products prior to the release date. Cygnett does not receive the exact dimensions of the iPad 2 prior to release. Upon release of the iPad we were able to check our product against the dimensions and it is then that we identified the discrepancy. We have since changed the dimensions of our product. We have recalled all of our first production run of screen protectors and all products currently in the stores are the correct size for the iPad 2.

Upon presentation of the above product with its original receipt, all purchasers of the above fault will receive a refund. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

We greatly appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on +613 9429 2552 If you have any further queries or comments, or leave a message on our comments page.