Cygnett Workmate Case for the 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jreale05, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jreale05 macrumors regular

Anyone have one of these? I've been looking to buy a case and I like this one a lot, however, hadn't ever heard of the company before.... Do they offer good protection?

It is between this case and the Otterbox commuter, love the commuter on my old phone, but I want a colored case and I don't like the color schemes on the new ones...

Here are the links for the Cygnett Workmates:

http://us.cygnett.com/iphone/iphone-5th-gen/dark-olive-green-and-black-workmate-case-for-iphone-5.html

http://us.cygnett.com/iphone/iphone-5th-gen/slate-blue-and-black-workmate-case-for-iphone-5.html

2. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

3. gregnauman, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

gregnauman macrumors regular

4. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

Great review! Thanks! I ordered mine yesterday before I saw this, but it looks like I made the right choice..

5. gregnauman macrumors regular

6. jreale05, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

well.... I ordered mine on Saturday from Cygnett and availability was fine according to the website. Praying to God they weren't not back-ordered before I purchased because the site now says sold out. Hopefully I will get mine this week, or I will be asking for a refund... very disappointing. I was psyched for this case! I sent them an email but haven't received word back yet... :(

7. gmiller598 macrumors newbie

I ordered one last week from their website directly. I got turned on to this company from a top 10 list I came across on the internet on the top 10 cases for the 4s. I'm working on the assumption that the 5 case would be just as good.

8. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

Have you gotten yours yet? I havent gotten any info on any order updates... tried emailing them too. No phone number is really a pain in the ass

9. gmiller598 macrumors newbie

I have not but I just ordered it Friday morning. My confirmation indicated to expect 10 days for shipping.

10. MacWorld78 macrumors member

11. gregnauman macrumors regular

I cancelled my order on Amazon, didnt seem like it was going to be fullfilled for another 2 weeks.

I just got a cheaper case at best buy and will wait to see when stock shows up.

12. CygnettCM macrumors newbie

Hi JReale05, we don't take backorders on a our website and if you ordered last Saturday, it will arrive this week :) - Nick

----------

13. MacWorld78, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

MacWorld78 macrumors member

Im expecting this case for today - royal mail are damn slow - back in old day they used to delivery letter before 8am - not anymore it's gonna be late as 12-2pm :eek:

[update: not getting delivery till 3rd oct - :(]

can anybody confirm which pix is correct colour, because im seeing different colour - see below

Online store:

[​IMG]

Customer's photo
    [​IMG]

14. gmiller598 macrumors newbie

15. MacWorld78 macrumors member

It's certainly long wait for me since 21st Sept, I got the case today and the glass.t came few days ago.... Pheeeew - Now i can take out my iPhone in real world :D

[​IMG]

Cygnett workmate:

The best parts:

Good looking
    Much better protection in all around just like a glove
    Feel very nice texture - it doesn't feel like a rubber or soft silicone

Only two issues that i have is:

Quite slippery
    quite easily absorb the ducts

SPG Glas.t Premium Tempered Glass Series

The best parts:

Absolutely amazing - real super smooth to touch on the screen
    No finger print (i haven't tried with oily fingers - my mine is always dry)
    No air bubble trap!
    Much easier to clean on the screen

Only three issues that i have is:

You got only ONCE chance to install the Glas.t
    You have to make sure there is no ducts on the screen before install the Glas.t
    It can be expensive ONLY if you made any mistakes - this simply cannot be re-do once again!

16. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

17. gmiller598 macrumors newbie

Additionally, I just realized that they are listed out of stock now on the Cygnett website for the price of 24.99

I paid 29.99 according to my confirmation email and I was also charged a foreign transaction fee on my card even though the website does not indicate the currency for the prices shown. I assumed it was US currency.

The company even has a US Office so I'm not sure why this was charged as an international transaction.

This had better be a pretty amazing case because I'm not sure I will ever go through them directly again.

18. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like my case will be delivered today! Pretty pumped even though I love the otterbox commuter. I had to get the otterbox in the meantime because I was scared to death but now I love it. Very thin and durable, this case will have to be badass or else it will be a backup. I'll let you all know what I think of it once its on my phone

19. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

So, just for my case! Couple quick things... My case is definitely not blue, which kind of pissed me off at first, but I absolutely love the color that it actually is. It is a dark gunmetal grey (looks nothing like the blue color I purchased) but I actually really like it, so I lucked out big time ..

This case seems a lt slimmer than my otterbox commuter and it looks much nice as well. Case snaps on very tight which I like, and the back panel doesn't slide on surfaces like my otterbox does because it is curved and the material is more adhesive. As other reviews have pointed out, the rubber isn't as sturdy as the otterbox, but it isn't anything to worry about, it doesn't move unless you bend it. All of the ports are protected well and open so you don't have to worry about the flaps stretching out like on the otterbox. Also, All buttons work very well and are firm.

Overall I would give this case a 9/10. I'm glad I got this grey color because I like it more every minute. I would strongly recommend this case for both looks and protection.

20. gregnauman macrumors regular

Pics??

21. deone macrumors newbie

22. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I haven't done this sooner, haven't been on in a while. Here are some pics I took of it right when I got it. Sorry if these are really shotty pics, ill try and take some tomorrow with it on the phone/out of the box. The color is a lot darker than it is in these pics, like I said, I will try and take some more pics tomorrow and post them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Stricklerjosh macrumors newbie

If anyone wants my workmate I will sell it to them for $20. I have the supposedly blue one. I have tried to email cygnett about it and ask for a refund because it is not the color listed, but no response.
    If you want it hit me up. Only had it a few weeks.