D: All Things Digital conference

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youngsunnz, Jun 1, 2010.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

will it be on tv? if so what channel.. Thank you

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Nope. Just liveblogs like on Engadget. Someone might be able to do a JTV or UStream.

3. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

4. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

So was this post. if you really think of about. And so is my post commenting about your post.

Which then causes a blackhole of infinite worthlessness and in the end, monkeys rule the land.

And then it becomes worthy!

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Tuesday nights can be pretty boring, huh?

6. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

..boring is an understatement.

7. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

Advantages to having two [carriers] in the US?

Regarding AT&T:

6:55PM Steve: Well they have issues...
    Kara: What about going to another carrier?
    Walt: Would there be advantages to having two in the US?
    Steve: There might be.
    6:56PM Walt: In the near future?
    Steve: You know I can't comment on that.

It seems to me that there will be another carrier here in the US. If there were not Steve would have just said no. What are your thoughts? :cool:

8. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

It is a given that there will be another carrier and the deal is already in its final stages or it is finalized. If there weren't any deals in the making then he would not say that. The real question is when?

9. azsprty macrumors 6502

I tried to delete it fast. My comp wasn't refreshing so I thought the interview was done. My bad

10. azsprty macrumors 6502

I knew that would cause an uproar. Verizon and when?

11. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I usually avoid these discussions, but it is a Tuesday night and I had to put in a 12 hour day (no overtime of course), so I feel like I'll voice my opinion on this after a couple glasses of whiskey. I strongly belive it will be Verizon. At first, I was skeptical and I thought maybe Sprint might get it because they need it bad. After I saw Sprint was getting the EVO, I realized that they wouldn't be getting the iPhone. They don't have the funds to do both. They need help now and they don't have time to work on a deal that will take a year or so to finalize. Verizon is the only carrier in the US that does have the capital to do that. After hearing about AT&T's upgraded ETF fees, I've alse come to the conclusion that the Verizon iPhone will NOT be released at the same time as the AT&T one. AT&T wants you to re-sign on your contract and get the 4th gen and raise the ETF so most people can't leave when Verizon gets it. The fact that AT&T is doing this means that AT&T knows this and it is happening sooner rather then later. My guess would be 6 months to 1 year from now.

I think I have very valid points here and I would love to hear a more logical explanation then that if someone has one.

Sorry to everyone else that hates every topic turning into a Verizon iPhone topic. I promise you won't see another one out of me for a LONG time.