I just bought a new iMac 27" I3 and am totally perplexed on this issue. I have read numerous post saying similar things, with no answers that have worked. With Safari or Chrome running under OSX, my download speed may briefly ramp to about 300 kb/s then quickly drop down to 50 - 70 kb/s for the remainder of the download. In VM Win 7 under Parallels my D/L speeds are consistently 1.0 - 1.3 MB/s. They never drop down after they start. I tested specific servers downloading the same file under both systems, even tried using Folx; which didn't help either. speedtest results 10/5 all the time in the VM win7 10/5 sometimes in OSX, other times stutters at 1.5/3. Really weird that the D/L is slower then the U/L Anyhow, this all started day 1, 0 hour when i tried installing the OSX updates when i turned the computer on for the first time. So this was prior to FOLX and prior to VM Win 7. Neither of those can be blamed. Hardware wise. I am going wireless into an airport extreme. However I tried wired too. No difference. What this has to come down to is something in the software of OSX, that is quite literally applying brakes to the D/L speeds. I'm new to MAc but not new to computers. So I thank anyone who can offer help with this issue. My guess its somewhere in the network settings. But I'm clueless at this point.