D-Link 320 NAS issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by marcnotrust, Mar 16, 2012.

1. marcnotrust macrumors member

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can help at all? Ive installed the above NAS drive, it shows up ok, appears twice in my sidebar for some reason. Problem is,it only seems to copy of certain files or folders.

Example being, it copies a few single files, or a folder with some videos in, but when I try to copy a folder with photos in, it only seems to copy the folder itself and not the contents.

I'm sure its a setup issues it seems to work ok with my windows machine.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

2. marcnotrust thread starter macrumors member

If it helps, I connect to the NAS and type the username and password ok. Says drive mapped successfully but still only copies the folder, not the contents and it's sub folders.

3. jgz macrumors regular

jgz

probably -as i have the same NAS- you have to wait a little bit after accessing it.. If not, in my case, I will see only the root folders.... Don't know, if it helps...

4. marcnotrust thread starter macrumors member

I'll give it a go thanks. I'll try leaving it a few minutes before transferring files. I take it you mean connecting through the finder and not through the web GUI.

5. marcnotrust thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to bump, but having a nightmare with this.

Can anyone possibly advise what may be causing this.

Thanks.

6. marcnotrust thread starter macrumors member

Looks like i've sorted it. Seems the D-Link 320 has very poor support for MACs. Anyways, I had to connect to it via AFP and mount it this way. At present its still copying so fingers crossed.