d-loaded new airport update now MBP wont connect to home network

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaisai01, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jaisai01 macrumors member

hey guys and gals,
    i did the software update to my mbp this morning. and now after the airport update my mbp wont connect to my home network. any ideas.. thanks or how do i uninstall my home network off my mbp and just re add it so it may connect.

thanks
    arul

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Can you specify what is occurring? What's your wireless, an AEBS(n)? Does the MBP see the wireless, but just can't connect to it? Give us all the details and we can probably help you diagnose it.

3. jaisai01 thread starter macrumors member

the mbp see the wireless network, and it shows full signal, however it just wont connect to the network to let u into the internet,.. i enter into my WPA password but then it says it has an error connecting to the network..

lemme know if there is anything else i can help with to give more info...

Arul

4. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

make your wireless network open (remve wpa password) and see if it helps.

5. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Hey man. Yea, I had the same problem and error attempting to connect to my WEP network. The ONLY fix I have found for it so far is to actually change the networks SSID completely and attempt to connect with the same password and other settings. I have no idea why this works, and it makes no sense to me but meh....PLEASE, tell me if this works for as I am extrememly curious if it works for anyone but me...Later

Oh, and just for reference sake, I have a 2.33Ghz MBP C2D.

6. jaisai01 thread starter macrumors member

tried it unsecured, it work... changed the ssid and no avail.... need help.. how do i remove old the old wireless networks in my system so that i can start fresh.. thanks

Arul

7. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

hd /Library /Preferences /SystemConfiguration / com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

throw it away (or put it in the trash but don't delete in case it doesn't help and you wanna put it back) then turn off your machine (you can take the battery a while if you want). restart and try to find your network and see if it's better.