Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaisai01

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
hey guys and gals,
i did the software update to my mbp this morning. and now after the airport update my mbp wont connect to my home network. any ideas.. thanks or how do i uninstall my home network off my mbp and just re add it so it may connect.

thanks
arul

Cave Man

macrumors 604
hey guys and gals,
i did the software update to my mbp this morning. and now after the airport update my mbp wont connect to my home network. any ideas.. thanks or how do i uninstall my home network off my mbp and just re add it so it may connect.

thanks
arul

Can you specify what is occurring? What's your wireless, an AEBS(n)? Does the MBP see the wireless, but just can't connect to it? Give us all the details and we can probably help you diagnose it.

jaisai01

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
the mbp see the wireless network, and it shows full signal, however it just wont connect to the network to let u into the internet,.. i enter into my WPA password but then it says it has an error connecting to the network..

lemme know if there is anything else i can help with to give more info...

Arul

Vegeta-san

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
Hey man. Yea, I had the same problem and error attempting to connect to my WEP network. The ONLY fix I have found for it so far is to actually change the networks SSID completely and attempt to connect with the same password and other settings. I have no idea why this works, and it makes no sense to me but meh....PLEASE, tell me if this works for as I am extrememly curious if it works for anyone but me...Later

Oh, and just for reference sake, I have a 2.33Ghz MBP C2D.

jaisai01

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Hey man. Yea, I had the same problem and error attempting to connect to my WEP network. The ONLY fix I have found for it so far is to actually change the networks SSID completely and attempt to connect with the same password and other settings. I have no idea why this works, and it makes no sense to me but meh....PLEASE, tell me if this works for as I am extrememly curious if it works for anyone but me...Later

Oh, and just for reference sake, I have a 2.33Ghz MBP C2D.

tried it unsecured, it work... changed the ssid and no avail.... need help.. how do i remove old the old wireless networks in my system so that i can start fresh.. thanks

Arul

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
tried it unsecured, it work... changed the ssid and no avail.... need help.. how do i remove old the old wireless networks in my system so that i can start fresh.. thanks

Arul

hd /Library /Preferences /SystemConfiguration / com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

throw it away (or put it in the trash but don't delete in case it doesn't help and you wanna put it back) then turn off your machine (you can take the battery a while if you want). restart and try to find your network and see if it's better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.