D7000 video. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Renderz, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Renderz macrumors 6502

Hi folks, I posted this video on the Video forum but got no feedback. So I thought I'd share it with you guys.

It's a video I shot and edited in under 3 hours. Let me know what you think. Please be kind, I'm not a pro videographer.

http://youtu.be/QWJCSICRLxk

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I like it. Nice job. a few rough cuts but overall pretty good with background and recorded audio.

What set-up did you use? and editing app?

also the and shot with the B&W image and "Noah" almost reminded me of an "in remembrance" type of thing. wish it had a brighter feeling at the end.

3. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

4. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, can I ask what you mean by rough cuts? Was there a particular edit you felt didn't work? Don't worry, I won't be offended. The baby's parents love it and that's all that matters :)

5. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

I used a Nikon D7000 with a variety of lenses the main one being a proper Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8.

The whole thing was edited in Adobe Premiere 5.

The video was completed from shooting to final edit in under 3 hours.

6. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I thought one or two scenes didn't have a "crossfade" or smooth switch over. Can't remember right now and at work so can't look. I can try and remember to look later this evening.

nice clarity in the images/video.
    It seemed when i tried video on my D7000 it took a while to focus and then would sometimes jump to try to focus again.

7. Traice macrumors newbie

Nice vid.
    My only comment is that in some shots I would have used a smaller aperture or lower ISO setting because they seem a bit to bright for me.

Here's my vid of the Nikon D7000 (just a small impression)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTqI1Jx0Ho

8. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

9. btdpi007 macrumors member

I really, really enjoyed the content... maybe the Daddy in me, but I thought it was great. Furthermore, for a project that was completed in 3 hours I thought the presentation was wonderful. Video quality is superb. And, the background music just "fits" with the Subject. Great job and I bet the parents have probably watched it a 1000 times.

10. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, this video is aimed at a very niche cliental! :)

I want to improve my technical abilities. I've been a pro photography for 4 years but video is a new discipline that I want to get into. I believe there is a business there capturing babies on video.

11. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

12. Ahnuld macrumors newbie

Great quality video. Nice editing.. the music fits perfectly.

I have a D7000 but was frustrated by focusing and havent done much with it since I received it in November last year
    Did you go with the Single Focus mode (focus once and its static) or auto-focus. I found auto focus to be unusable in most sitiation as the lens would go into seek and find mode before finding the right focus.

Well... while your at it.. if you have any other tips.. such as settings.. Aperature priority? Program? etc etc etc..
    :)

13. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

I always manual focus! I know that's a gamble but autofocus doesn't work properly on the D7000.

As for other settings, just see what fits! I use pro lenses so that helps but I tend to just make fast adjustments to the shutter speed and aperture depending on the lighting conditions. I'm a wedding photographer so I'm used to doing that quickly :-D