DA G4 Upgrade question.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mrtie, Jan 3, 2009.

1. mrtie macrumors newbie

Hi
    First post. I have been out of mac for quite a bit(1ghz g4 pb) and I have never owned a mac desktop, but recently I got a dual 533 DA powermac, and I've been looking for giving it a bit more of everything. So I grabbed 1.5gb of sd-133 and a evga 7800gs that I have flashed. I also picked up a dual 800mhz g4 from a QS, my question is, do I need to do the 12v 4th post mod due to the fact I'm already using a dual cpu? I was unsure as most of the posts I've found deal with adding a DP daughter card to single G4 macs. Also if that is the case does any one know of a good picture of the 12v mod , the one I found was very small and I couldn't quite see what he used to attach the 12v line to the post.

If this has been covered then I missed it in my searching and I am sorry. Basically I'd like to be able to run wow at low with decent frames, which I think this upgrade would allow me to do, let me know if you think otherwise, I'm aware a 7448 upgrade would make difference but tbh they are just way to much money to dump into an aged Mac.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. Dave H macrumors 6502

Dave H

You still need to do the 12v mod.

Here's a picture.
    http://homepage.mac.com/josephk/G4pics/12V_connector.jpg