DAC-200 vs. ADVC-110

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Platonist, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Platonist macrumors member

Platonist

Hello All,

I am setting up a system to digitize old VHS video, and I am wondering if people out there have experience with either the DAC-200 or the ADVC-110. I would like some input regarding which one is considered better by those who use them, as I have yet to use either one. Doing a search on these fora (as well as the net writ large) I have found them to be neck and neck for the most part. Apparently Macrovision is no longer a concern, as both models can remove it (how well they remove it could be an issue, though). My plan is to use one of these, hooked to my mac pro, and capture/edit the DV footage with FCE.

Thoughts, opinions, reviews, experiences -- all would greatly appreciated!

2. Platonist thread starter macrumors member

Platonist

Is there anyone on these boards that uses (or has used) one or both of these devices? I would really appreciate some input, even if it is brief...

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

We have a number of customers with the Datavideo DAC-100 and -200 and they are all happy.

4. Platonist thread starter macrumors member

Platonist

Update:

I went ahead and purchased the ADVC-110 from Newegg. For anyone that might be interested in doing some VHS to DVD transfer, based on my very brief (one project) experience with the ADVC-110 I would recommend it. I used the 110 with FCE and the project turned out very well. The only downside I have noticed thus far is that I need more RAM (2 gigs = not enough). Now for a larger HDD...