Dad dead set on getting a Mac, which to get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by combataran, Sep 12, 2015.

1. combataran macrumors member

combataran

Narrowed down to the Mba 13 4/256 2015 or the rMbp 13 8/128. He's been made aware of the Staingate, however true it might be, and he still wants a Mac. A stock broker by trade, so no intensive use, just for business and emails, streaming movies and stuff.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Either one of those should work fine for your stated use. Personally I would go with the air, but I think it just comes down to personal preference.

3. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Both are great for the usage you described, I would recommend rMBP for the display.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd go with the rMBP.

I'm not even sure why this is a thing. It seems to be a problem that affects a very small number of users. It also seems to be caused by physical damage, so it may not even be Apples fault. Either way, it isn't something I'd be worried about.

The only concern I might have is any special software that doesn't run in OS X.

5. combataran thread starter macrumors member

combataran

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll push him towards the rMbp. I think he'll appreciate the better screen.

6. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

Take care about the price as well. You can get new early 2015 13" rMBP´s ( 8/128 ) below $1200 already.

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

The retina display is very, very nice. Looking at photos on it is very impressive.