daemon tools for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by demuro1, Sep 29, 2007.

1. demuro1 macrumors newbie

SO I'll be getting a black mac book in a couple of days and I have ripped several of my DVD's to my HDD on my PC which is Microsoft based. I was wondering is there an OS X application similar to Daemon tools that will allow me to utilize .iso files on the mac without having to make a hard copy of the disc???

2. davidleon macrumors member

Hello, demuro1:

If you double-click an .ISO file, Mac OS X will automatically mount the image.

Cheers.

3. demuro1 thread starter macrumors newbie

so then it'll automatically read the file without the need of an application? That's good info to have thank you

4. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Although if you are ripping DVDs I would recommend that you use Mac the Ripper and Handbrake instead of trying to make ISO images of them. It is a much better solution.

6. demuro1 thread starter macrumors newbie

good advice. I'll probably use my xp machine for all of my questionable activities though because my mac will be my work computer and I doubt Apple would be happy that I did anything potentially illegal on one of their machines

7. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Well, Apple really shouldnt care what you do with your machine. Afterall, once money changed hands, that machine is all yours, to do with what you will.

8. demuro1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah but the laptop will be owned by the company I work for and they may frown upon me using the computer they are providing for anything that may be frowned upon by the law.

9. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

As long as you own the DVD, it is legal to rip it to your computer for personal use.

Enjoy your Mac.:) We have a guide for Mac software that could be helpful to you once you get the MB.