Daily email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chubbles, Jun 13, 2014.

1. chubbles macrumors newbie

Feb 13, 2011
    Hey Folks,

I need to send the same short email daily to my wife at work. She just can't remember to take her pills. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated, and yes you're right I'm a real computer duffer!!:rolleyes:

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Mar 14, 2011
    You could try Applescript and Calendar if you have a Mac that's always on at the time you want to send the email. See steps 8 and 9:

3. E3BK macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2008
    Can you set up a daily recurring calendar item w/ email notification? It's easy on Gmail if she has that. Or if you have iPhones, you can set up a daily reminder on there as well.
  4. dangerfish macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2007
  5. chubbles thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 13, 2011
    Daily Email to my wife

Thanks for the help!
    I ran into problems since her office uses Outlook, and we use Gmail and Mail at home. Also believe it or not, we don't have smart phones. I tried Calendar, but couldn't make it work.

I found a neat website www.sendrecurring.com which is totally easy to use, and will send both email and text messages. you can monitor your email reminders to get results, check message open rates, poll answers, get responses from your recipients. See what dates and times your reminders receive better responses. Of course I don't monitor open rates, but setup was so simple that in addition to the wife's daily reminder I setup a couple monthly reminders to myself to make sure bills get paid.