Daily notebook/Calender app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by mscann, Jun 18, 2014.

1. mscann macrumors member

Hopefully somebody can help as I have been searching with no luck. I currently use Planner Plus, and have tried Opus Domini and OnePad. My requirements are pretty straight forward. I am looking for a split screen app. half shows a daily calender and the other half is just a note taking app. Basically I want the Planner Plus app without the task list and make the entire left side a notes column. My only other requirements is that is must be searchable and I would like to be able to attach pictures to certain notes. Not worried about cost of the app if I find something that does all this

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. PrincessV macrumors newbie

Take a look at Capture 365. It will sync with all of your Apple devices.

Hope this helps.

3. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Day One is my favorite. It syncs via the cloud over Mac/iPad/iPhone. Its a problem free app.

4. mscann thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help, but neither are what I am looking for. I am basically wanting something that looks like this, day planner in one column and just a basic note column on the other side

Attached Files:

5. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

Whats wrong with these Apps? I would have suggested these or Day One. May not be 100% what you're looking for but its probably as close as you'll get

6. mscann thread starter macrumors member

The problem I have with planner plus is that 90% of the left column is for 'tasks" and 10% is for notes. I would prefer that switched up. I would like the entire left column for notes. I do not use the task feature at all. I basically want a 2 column app, one with a day planner, one with notes

7. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Have you looked at Pocket Informant? It may fit the bill. I swear, this and Omnifocus might be the only two reasons you get an iOS device.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

If iOS 8 includes true multitasking you should be able to run a calendar app and notes app side-by-side. It's a "wait and see".

9. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Can anyone who uses Planner Plus tell me how recurring tasks work? Does it recur from when it's scheduled, when it's completed, or can you set it to either one?

I'm willing to try it but the ability to set it from either is a must for me and wanted to find out before shelling out $9.

I use OmniFocus now and it's one of the few that offers that flexibility.

Thanks!

10. mscann, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014

mscann thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions. I have found an app called Informant. It does everything I have been looking for. Very customizable and worth the $ 14.99 for me

11. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

12. mscann thread starter macrumors member

^^ yes, I got the free trial and bought the full version after a couple of days