Daily Shipments

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martinmartin, Jul 14, 2008.

1. martinmartin macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the daily shipments are 'put on the shelves' to be sold the day they are received...or if they are sold the next day?

For Apple? For ATT?

According to the inventory checker, my area was sold out last night. But I imagine the stores will be getting shipments this morning/afternoon. I'm wondering if those phones will be put on sale today or if they will 'keep them in the back' until tomorrow.

Anyone have any info on this?

Cheers.

2. ProMod macrumors 6502a

They will be for sale today. I called my local ATT store and they said they were getting a shipment this afternoon, but did not know if any iPhones would be on it.

3. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Apple stores put them out as soon as they receive them, especially if people are waiting for an item. If you see the Fedex/UPS guy walking in just wait 10 minutes and ask.

4. iPaul macrumors regular

Apple puts them out immediately, at least at the present time with all of the frenzy and demand. About 10 minutes before I got up to purchase my phone the manager announced they had sold out of 16 GB blacks. Then about five minutes later he announced they had just received another case of them.

5. martinmartin thread starter macrumors 6502

I called the store in my area and they said that they 'don't know what is in the shipment until they open it' and that they 'usually get shipments on Tuesday.'

She said the shipments usually come around noon so I should call around 1 after they have 'processed' everything to see what the inventory looks like...

I'm thinking about heading that way on my lunch break and hopefully will have some lucky timing...

6. gts197 macrumors regular

Do you think there will be lines or do you think that was a weekend thing? I would think over the course of the week each store is going to have plenty of phones.

7. martinmartin thread starter macrumors 6502

I would guess there might be lines on days that the inventory checker shows that a certain store will have inventory. But on days like today when there is no inventory (both according to the website and according to store employees), I think you might be able to get lucky by timing the deliveries...

8. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Depends on if when you call the store they give out expected delivery info. If they are telling people we expect a shipment at 3 I'd expect there will be some who line up before 3 in anticipation of that shipment...

9. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I think they get shipments daily, at least with new products.

10. martinmartin thread starter macrumors 6502

...well, i called the local store. they must have gotten another shipment because they have 'limited' stock, but there is already a pretty long line...