Daisy Chaining ATD to ACD, cheapest method?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Aboo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I recently got a 27" ATD and also have an 27" ACD currently. I know its possible to daisy chain a 27" ACD to the 27" ATD as long as you have a thunderbolt interface device (hard disk, etc.) in the middle of the daisy chain. My question now is, what is the cheapest method of doing this? I looked at the Lacie thunderbolt drive, but at 500+, its just way too expensive for my purposes. I am looking for just the cheapest "thunderbolt interfacer" to be able to hook up an ATD and an ACD.

Thanks!

2. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

The Lacie Thunderbolt 1TB HDD is the cheapest way you can do this in terms of what is available right now.

3. Aboo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the response. So reviews of the lacie thunderbolt 1tb state that its $400, but it seems everywhere now they are selling this drive for 499.95, did the price increase after release?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Amazon has it for 465. It might be a price increase due to the Asian flooding that has created a hard drive shortage. Don't forget that, unfortunately, you'll have to buy a Thunderbolt cable too for $50.