Daisy Chaining ATD to ACD, cheapest method?

Aboo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hi,

I recently got a 27" ATD and also have an 27" ACD currently. I know its possible to daisy chain a 27" ACD to the 27" ATD as long as you have a thunderbolt interface device (hard disk, etc.) in the middle of the daisy chain. My question now is, what is the cheapest method of doing this? I looked at the Lacie thunderbolt drive, but at 500+, its just way too expensive for my purposes. I am looking for just the cheapest "thunderbolt interfacer" to be able to hook up an ATD and an ACD.

Thanks!

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
Hi,

I recently got a 27" ATD and also have an 27" ACD currently. I know its possible to daisy chain a 27" ACD to the 27" ATD as long as you have a thunderbolt interface device (hard disk, etc.) in the middle of the daisy chain. My question now is, what is the cheapest method of doing this? I looked at the Lacie thunderbolt drive, but at 500+, its just way too expensive for my purposes. I am looking for just the cheapest "thunderbolt interfacer" to be able to hook up an ATD and an ACD.

Thanks!
The Lacie Thunderbolt 1TB HDD is the cheapest way you can do this in terms of what is available right now.

Aboo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
The Lacie Thunderbolt 1TB HDD is the cheapest way you can do this in terms of what is available right now.
Thanks for the response. So reviews of the lacie thunderbolt 1tb state that its $400, but it seems everywhere now they are selling this drive for 499.95, did the price increase after release?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks for the response. So reviews of the lacie thunderbolt 1tb state that its $400, but it seems everywhere now they are selling this drive for 499.95, did the price increase after release?
Amazon has it for 465. It might be a price increase due to the Asian flooding that has created a hard drive shortage. Don't forget that, unfortunately, you'll have to buy a Thunderbolt cable too for $50.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.