Daisychaining Firewire Hard Drives Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by speakerwizard, Oct 13, 2007.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi, so i have 2 (soon to be 3) daisychained firewire 800 HD (mybook pro) which are great, the only issue i have is with sleeping / waking the computer and occasionally one of the drives dismounting. I think this issue is from the daisychained drive trying to connect before the directly connected one but i cant think of a way to avoid this, any solutions or tips? (i have tried swapping them over but doesnt help. thanks

2. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I'm having a similar problem with two 500GB MyBook Pro drives connected by FW800 and daisychained together. When I sleep the computer and wake it again, I get the 'Device Removal' error message and the drives are no longer mounted. In addition, the firewire section of System Profiler shows two 'Unknown Devices' which correspond to the two drives. Disk Utility doesn't show the drives though.

Very strange problem, and I don't know if it's linked, but sometimes when sleeping the computer, it will sleep and immediately wake again. I suspect this might have something to do with the Firewire connections but I'm not sure.

Any help with this and the OP's problem would be greatly appreciated.