Dakine Backpack for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Flobber88, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Flobber88 macrumors regular

I am looking for a backpack for my MacBook Pro and am interested in the Dakine packs, particularly the Terminal and the 101.

http://dakine.com/street-series/guys/packs/

Does anyone use a Dakine bag with their MBP? Any feedback would be great.

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I have the Dakine campus bag and its freakin awesome. I used to put my tibook in it every day. Love it love it love it. Nothing but good things to say about it but be careful who you order it from. The company I ordered mine from sent it to me folded! And now it still have a creese in the back panel from being folded. Sucks but I still love the backpack. Whoever you order it from find out about their shipping methods. Good luck! :p

3. Flobber88 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info! With your bag, does your Tibook fill the laptop compartment or is there room for a larger laptop? Also, if you drop your bag accidentally, is the laptop well protected?

Thanks!

4. rufeus macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro 17" with sleeve?

Could anyone tell me if the Dakine Terminal will fit a 17" MBP WITH a sleeve as well? I have an INCASE sleeve and would prefer to carry it in here for extra protection.

I haven't found any backpacks that are suitable to do this with adequate protection.

5. ripplet macrumors member

i almost bought the dakine 101. Tried the laptop in it and all (fits great).

Great bag, recommended.

As for issue about whether sleeves on the MBP fit too, i would be guessing it will.

6. idesign245 macrumors 6502

I just bought a Dakine Prom Backpack (Womens) for when I start school in September. I currently have a macbook but I'll be using a 15" Macbook Pro through the school. The macbook fits in the laptop compartment in the bag with room to spare, but when I put the incase 15" neoprene sleeve in (without anything in it) it seems like it might be tight.

Does anyone here use a womens Dakine backpack with their 15" Macbook Pros?

7. moutonoir macrumors newbie

I asked the question to Dakine, they sent me an excel files with the max dimenssions of the laptop that will "fit" their backpacks with sleeve...

none of them make it for the mbp 17" .... :(

8. kilgore.trout macrumors newbie

I've got the Dakine 101, I have been using for a little over a year. I have a 15" MBP and I use an Isis sleeve. LINK

This pack is really awesome. The MBP with the case in the 101 is quite snug and doesn't bounce around at all. The side pocket is also perfect for the fat AC adapter. Dakine build quality is second to none. It is, however a little pricey. I paid $106 CAD.

9. smudged macrumors member

Is the laptop pocket in the Dakine Campus a separated slot like on the Dakine Terminal?

10. psg0 macrumors newbie

I don't have a Dakine bag for my MBP, but I use a backcountry snowboarding/Mt. Biking photographer's backpack by them for my DSLR and all the glass, and it's a quality product.

In fact, this thread is making me think about picking one up just for the MBP now.

11. Marc4 macrumors member

Good taste, I'm about to get the same combo except for the sleeve.
    Does anyone know if the 15" MBP with the Entrepreneur case fits in the DaKine 101?

12. moutonoir macrumors newbie

And does anyone tried the 101 with a mbp 17". Like I said it shouldn't "officialy" fit... but by any luck maybe? I keep hope :p

Well I suppose that the mbp could fit in the backpack if I use another sleeve... I would use the one on the back for my wacom intuos =/

13. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have the terminal. It's 4 years old. It still looks as new as the day I got it and it's been through 4 years of Art School and now on into my professional career.

AWESOME bag, I highly recommend it. DaKine rocks in terms of customer service as well. I work part time at Eastern Mountain Sports and we sell their products. Their support/service staff are incredibly nice and very helpful.

When I initially got my terminal, I noticed the shoulder strap wasn't sewn in all the way. They overnighted me a new bag and a return shipping label no questions asked.

14. ddoonie macrumors regular

I own the Dakine 101, i think a 17" might be able to squeeze in. My 15" with booq sleeve fits and has a little room. BUT i would not suggest you put any laptop in without a sleeve. Padding isnt the greatest on its own (when putting down bag etc...). Great bag though, more than enough pockets, and does not look large when empty.

Not water proof, and i would say water resistant for like 15 minutes in a medium rain. So if you get caught outside a lot in the rain, i'd make sure to check the bag out before you buy it... Not a repellent material.

15. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

I have a few snowboarding gear items that are made by Dakine. Didn't know they made laptop backpacks too! Might have to go and pick one up

16. Shabbis macrumors regular

I have the Dakine Patrol pack which fits the BMP 15". It has been a solid backpack during my travels.

17. jsstrannigan macrumors newbie

I have the Dakine Duel and my 15" MBP fits really well with an incase neoprene sleeve on. The Duel is nice too because its not as big as the terminal, but can still fit quite a bit of stuff.