Dallas, TX; ATT; iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 29, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Just an fyi for all those in the Dallas area (more specifically, Highland Village area), ATT is selling 3G iphones at 8am CST on July 11th. Highland Village store is getting 120 phones (compared to 80 on the version 1 release date). They expect lines and suggest waiting if you want one day of. They also said that if you don't get one day of, they will be getting a second shipment the on July 12th....so don't stress if you're not able to pick it up first day. Display models won't be going up until that morning when they open, so no-go on customers seeing one before then.

2. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

I actually disagree with one part...

Actually, the first iPhone was displayed in stores {but not able to buy} exactly a week before the actual launch, and they launched the guided tour exactly a week before too. So i expect the iPhone 3G on display, and the guided tour on July 4th.

3. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

you can "expect" anything you want. i'm just telling you for a fact, what the ATT store said, in person, in Dallas to me.

4. KDDatabase macrumors member

Well nothings official until Apple or AT&T announces it.

To the other guy: The guided tour was put up for the first iPhone because it did a run through of the software. Why would there be a guided tour for the 3G iPhone? They already have little videos up on the different features.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Well if you got this info from an ATT store then I don't believe any of it.

6. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

Well...

Well, i would want it..... they made a WHOLE ****NEW***** guided tour for the January Soft. Upgrade, so why wouldn't they do it for 2.0, a whole new starting point, and besides, the January Soft. Upgrade, there wasn't even a new app, it was just new FEATURES.... and there are new FEATURES AND the App Store, so there's now way they're NOT gonna put out a guided tour.

7. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

Yep.

I'm not getting an iPhone 3G on the day that it comes out because i want to wait.....i want to wait until i have all the info about the plans ($$$) and i'll see what apple will do with the phone...I have an iPod touch so i'll have the 2.0 Software, i'll have the app store...I'm just gonna wait..

8. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Where is the crazy guy who called every AT&T store in the country trying to prove they would not open at 8:00am?

Can he please call this store too?