Damage to iPhone battery from third party charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sultanoflondon, Mar 16, 2017.

1. sultanoflondon macrumors regular

Hi all,

I have been using a third party charger for my iPhone for quite some time now. I think that this has damaged my iPhone's battery by reducing the battery life. I think the battery should last far longer.

I have ordered a Belkin charger that was recommended by Apple, on the iPhone accessories webpage. Hopefully this should stop the problem from becoming worse.

Can anyone suggest a way to improve the battery life? I religiously charge it after the percentage indicator falls below 5% and never disconnect it before the percentage indicator reaches 100%.

Thank you!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Charging earlier more often would be helpful, like before the battery gets below 20% if not even higher. Don't have to change it all the way to 100% each time either, but that doesn't have that much impact.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

A generic charger generally won't damage a battery. If it was going to damage anything it would be the charge circuit first. If the charger wasn't man enough for the job the phone would refuse to charge.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Why would you do that?

5. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Indeed, lithium batteries last better with shallower charge cycles than full ones.