Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Damaged ASK - Exchange in a different country?

mrcb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Hi guys,

I picked up an ASK on Saturday in the US, and I'm now in the uk for a vacation. After this I'm not too sure where I am heading with work, I'll find out next week.

I've noticed that the new ASK that I bought on Saturday has a slight rip on one of the corners, and I'm pretty annoyed to be honest.

Will apple exchange this for me if I take it to a store in the uk, or would it be a wasted trip?

Thanks in advance.

lemonviking

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Can only be exchanged in the country it was purchased. I tried it with my silicone case, however cant hurt to ty since there is only one version of the ask.

Comment

mrcb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Hey Lemon,

I tried based on your second statement, and I have an appointment with the Genius bar on Tuesday.

The lady on the phone said that this could be an issue if it was a different item, but considering only one version of the ASK and the fact that I want an exchange, she seemed to think that this won't be an issue at all.

Comment

lemonviking

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Great! I hope u get it exchanged since it is so expensive! Uk apple store are great! Especially one in covent garden!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.