Damaged ASK - Exchange in a different country?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mrcb, May 27, 2016.

1. mrcb macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I picked up an ASK on Saturday in the US, and I'm now in the uk for a vacation. After this I'm not too sure where I am heading with work, I'll find out next week.

I've noticed that the new ASK that I bought on Saturday has a slight rip on one of the corners, and I'm pretty annoyed to be honest.

Will apple exchange this for me if I take it to a store in the uk, or would it be a wasted trip?

Thanks in advance.

2. lemonviking macrumors newbie

lemonviking

Can only be exchanged in the country it was purchased. I tried it with my silicone case, however cant hurt to ty since there is only one version of the ask.

3. mrcb thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Lemon,

I tried based on your second statement, and I have an appointment with the Genius bar on Tuesday.

The lady on the phone said that this could be an issue if it was a different item, but considering only one version of the ASK and the fact that I want an exchange, she seemed to think that this won't be an issue at all.

4. lemonviking macrumors newbie

lemonviking

Great! I hope u get it exchanged since it is so expensive! Uk apple store are great! Especially one in covent garden!