Damaged Bezel

deadbear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Alberta
Duh! I had a Homer moment, and when I was pluging in my guitar I hit the edge of the iMac with one of the tuning pegs.
I now have a small blemish on the bezel of my fairly new iMac. I think the damage is just limited to the outer screen and nothing actually done to the LCD screen itself. Is there a way to purchase just the bezel? I tried searching but was unsuccessful. It's a 2011 27" iMac. Thanks for any helpful info.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I think you would find it's too expensive to replace because it's not a bezel that is the chassis, consider the blemish a badge of honor or a reminder to be careful.

jsolares

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
Land of eternal Spring
I think you would find it's too expensive to replace because it's not a bezel that is the chassis, consider the blemish a badge of honor or a reminder to be careful.
i think he means the outer glass, i also dinged mine and the damage is localized to it, if you remove it with suction cups or any other method, you can see that there's no problem with the chassis.

deadbear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Alberta
Yes that's correct, just the outer screen. Kind of looks like a windshield stone chip. I just couldn't find a replacement anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.