Damaged Bezel

Discussion in 'iMac' started by deadbear, Nov 26, 2011.

1. deadbear macrumors newbie

deadbear

Duh! I had a Homer moment, and when I was pluging in my guitar I hit the edge of the iMac with one of the tuning pegs.
    I now have a small blemish on the bezel of my fairly new iMac. I think the damage is just limited to the outer screen and nothing actually done to the LCD screen itself. Is there a way to purchase just the bezel? I tried searching but was unsuccessful. It's a 2011 27" iMac. Thanks for any helpful info.

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

I think you would find it's too expensive to replace because it's not a bezel that is the chassis, consider the blemish a badge of honor or a reminder to be careful.

3. jsolares macrumors 6502a

i think he means the outer glass, i also dinged mine and the damage is localized to it, if you remove it with suction cups or any other method, you can see that there's no problem with the chassis.

4. deadbear thread starter macrumors newbie

deadbear

Yes that's correct, just the outer screen. Kind of looks like a windshield stone chip. I just couldn't find a replacement anywhere.

5. Tricone macrumors newbie

Tricone

Not sure if they have the exact one that you need, but try looking for bezels here:

WeLoveMacs