Damaged iMac returned :/

Discussion in 'iMac' started by uzit, Dec 9, 2012.

1. uzit macrumors regular

Hey Guys

I sent off my iMac 27" to Amsys in the UK to replace the Seagate faulty HDD.

I got it back with scratches on the front of the screen and the rear. It was not like that when I sent it and I am pretty annoyed. It came back on Friday but I did not open it till today because i;ve just came back from training in London.

I will give Apple a call in the morning, the machine is out of warranty etc but I did not send the machine in the state that it has returned in,

Has this happened to anyone?

2. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Yup, similar thing happened to me, I actually went to the Apple Store to replace my screen with dead pixels, they replaced it, my iMac arrived with scratches and a gap between the glass and aluminum enclosure..

After some arguing they replaced it with a brand new one (same model). But since you sent yours to Amsys I don't think Apple would cover the repairs..

Hey I could be wrong though, so I'd just give Apple a call.. I would also contact Amsys and let them know..

3. gwsmith macrumors member

I've never had that happen. I guess it pays to take photos of the Mac before sending it off. I hope they make it right with you.

4. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I don't know about outside of the U.S but in the U.S service is guaranteed for 90 days. If anything went wrong due to the servicing on the iMac Apple should take care of it.