Damaged iPhone from drop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mcvaughan, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

My wife dropped her 3GS the other day and it cracked the screen. It still functions fine, but is basically being held together with lots of tape! She purchased AppleCare for her phone, but she was told that this does not cover accidental damage. Is there any truth to this? (Sorry, I have not read over the service contract)

Thanks.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

not to sound like a jerk, but it's hard to figure how there can be 12 Apple products in your household (in your sig) and you don't know the warranty.

You'll be buying a new screen. I would suggest instead going to an AT&T store and getting your hands on a refurb for $99. It will be cheaper then replacing the screen.

3. mcvaughan thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're right, I should know with that many products, but truthfully I don't usually buy AppleCare for my stuff. I generally upgrade or sell my products within a year (a waste, I know). I'm also a bit more careful with my Apple gear too than maybe my wife is.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll have her stop into an AT&T store.