Damaged printer driver - how to re-establish?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by B74A, Apr 25, 2011.

1. B74A macrumors member

B74A

A MBP with two printers, a model 4500 all-in-one via USB (used as scanner) and a color laster HP1515n, used as printer. The latter was working fine, but not the USB one.

Then someone removed the 4500 series printer driver, along with some other HP files - possibly some used for the HP1515n. Now the HP 4500 works fine, however, the 1515n does not work any more. It says the software is missing - although there is the app with the printer queue, and it is possible to connect via web browser, see the toner status, network settings and all that.

Certain parts of the HP software - which is included in Snow Leopard - is now missing. How do I force the MBP to reload these drivers? Or do I have to wait for the next OS X driver update?

I have access to several MBPs, they are connected to two different 1515n printers (different location). I could compare all the files in the library, on my own, to the files in the library of the one which is not working - would that help?

I appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you

B74A

2. B74A thread starter macrumors member

B74A

Solved - I think

I think I solved it.

Despite the warning from HP of installing an older driver, I did just that. Found one in a search engine, downloaded, installed it. And the printer worked. Now I am just running software update, and i is getting HP V2.6 update I think, at 32MB ... hope it still works after that.

If so, problem solved ...