Damaged Screen or Pixel Issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by angelus512, Oct 1, 2013.

1. angelus512, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

angelus512 macrumors member

Ok I think this is perhaps more in the damaged screen category but I'm unsure. Just noticed it upon resetting of Mac OS when it went grey screen. This is after I had cleaned the rMBP with solution followed by a velvet cloth wipe down. 1 with water and the other without to dry off.

Please see the pic I took (best I can get).
    [​IMG]

I don't think this is a stuck pixel it looks more like light bleeding through a membrane a little or something like that? What could have caused this? My immediately thought is maybe I rubbed too hard in the cleaning but I didn't clean it any harder or less than I usually have done in the past from my recollection.

Plus to damage these screens by pressure one would have to force down on it rather hard I would imagine?

Any thoughts/advice? Or is this kind of ghosting/cloudyness something that can pass by itself over time? Its not a major irritant when not on white/grey backgrounds but now I know its there I will see it more often than not.

I should also mention this screen is a SAMSUNG. Yes I'm well aware of the LG v Samsung issue from the very beginning ;-)

2. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

if you have applecare take the laptop in. I had this on a Iphone 4 and it never went away.

I Also have it on my laptop but its really small the size of the tip of a pencil. Im waiting for winter break to come along to take it in. Since I currently use mine everyday religiously.

3. angelus512 thread starter macrumors member

No Applecare. Never had to use it before and from what I had read there are lots of things they say "no" to.

Hence I didn't get the extended after the 1st year of ownership ont his rMBP expired. Besides even if I took it to Apple i daresay (if i had applecare) they'd say its "within specifications".
    Or just say I damaged it which is entirely possible.

4. angelus512 thread starter macrumors member

5. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

apple store calls that a pressure point, maybe too much elbow grease when you clean the screen?
    im afraid those stay forever no way of getting rid off it.