Damages on new iPhone 5 on purpose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccwestcliff, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ccwestcliff macrumors member

Reading through all the posts about damaged iPhone 5 and seeing the pictures I can't get rid of the feeling (and no, I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories but still ...) that those damages occurred after quality control and at least to me don't look so much like production damages but more like damages that were "applied" on purpose (taking the phone and hitting it on a sharp corner etc - and I am talking about applied before being packaged and wrapped!).

I didn't follow the relevant discussions when iPhone 4 and 4S were released (so need help from people who were) but think damages like these (who you think could / should have happened during production as well given the similar design) were unheard of?

Thoughts?

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

So you're saying Apple is damaging their own products before sale on purpose?

3. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

4. ccwestcliff, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

ccwestcliff thread starter macrumors member

Well, I am thinking that someone in the production line perhaps did this to damage the reputation of Apple.

Some of the damages are so bleeding obvious, so either it is the above or the production process AND quality control is not as desired by Jony Ive :rolleyes:

I have owned quite a few Apple products over more than a decade now and they were always perfect in terms of design and manufacturing and what I see and read here about the damages leaves me gobsmacked.

Just saw the survey in the forum btw: over a third of people (with more than 1000 votes so far) say damaged out of box and this only captures the people who participate in this forum!

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Idk. If someone in Foxconn deliberately smashes these iPhones he would get his ass kicked by his supervisor.

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Over active imagination for sure...

Negligence perhaps. Intentional? Not a chance.

The kids working at Foxconn came hundreds of miles to live there in the dorm and work for them. They would do nothing to risk that.

7. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

Yup. By the Foxconn workers.

Read this link (scroll to end of article)

http://micgadget.com/29723/the-unde...-new-iphone-5-is-made-inside-foxconn-factory/

"On the next following day, we were all being treated the same way by our supervisors and all of us were very pissed. Every time we picked up the iPhone 5 components, we put it back on the running belt real hard and scold “fxxk” just to release our stress."

8. ccwestcliff thread starter macrumors member

Sure, you would think so, but who kicks the but of the chap who does the end control? Appears no but kicking happened there ...

9. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

And I bet the guy is a Samsung owner right? :rolleyes: