Dammit!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thelumpya2, Jun 24, 2010.

1. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

my new phone has a bizzare little black spec in the middle of the screen, as if there's some dust under there or something.

I want to replace it, but am worried they'll say Its a scratch and that I did it, not to mention I won't likely be able to get a replacement for a while..

2. IndianaSolo macrumors member

IndianaSolo

Take it to the store and get a new one.

Same thing happened on day 1 of the iPad launch to my iPad. I received it via fedex and after a few hours noticed a bit of dust under the screen. I called the 800 number, they checked my local Apple store and told me to go ahead and go in for a replacement.

I went in, showed it to them and about 15 minutes later got a new one. On day 1 they have to make a detailed return (that's why it took 15 minutes or so) report.

So, my advice, call 800 number and/or go to your local Apple store.

Good luck!

3. thelumpya2 thread starter macrumors regular

thelumpya2

on the phone with my local store now, I was just there this AM and picked up my reserved phone, but with volume of people they'll see today, I am doubtful that they'll have a replacement phone for me tonight after work.

4. IndianaSolo macrumors member

IndianaSolo

Ooh, bummer. Maybe they can hold one for you if it looks like they are running low on stock. Best of luck on getting a "perfect" one today though.

5. getatkyill macrumors regular

I had the same problem around the time the iPhone 3GS launced and I can't recall the amount of times I replaced that phone because of that issue and similiar issues such as light leaking, dust and hairline scratches.