Damn! Apple are just so good!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rip-the-jacker, Jan 20, 2015.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

Hey guys

noticed the other day a sight BEND in my iPhone 6+. Had my appointment today in Edinburgh store, replaced it no problem I have been ever so careful with it but now upgrading to a sturdier case for all-round protection.

Love my Apple products, and their service, just thought i would unload info that I'm sure you already know!

RTJ

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

They'd be even better if this was a non-issue to begin with.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I don't usually purchase Apple Care, but I did this time for the 6+ due to these bending issues I've read about. I had a T-Mobile 6+ and switched it to a Sim-Free 6+, so far things are good. How long did you have your 6+ before noticing the bend?

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

One reason why I continue to buy into Apple products.

Not just the hardware / software but Customer Service and Support.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Their customer service is unmatched. A friend of mine cracked his 6 Plus and took it in a few weeks ago. Apple gave him a completely brand new one for just $129.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

he thought it was brand new. They really just fixed the screen for that price :p

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

No it was brand new. The guy said their repair machine was broken so he offered a new one for the same price that a screen repair would normally cost. The receipt even showed the $329 reduced to $129. It came out of the white box totally wrapped in factory plastic and only took like 5 minutes.

8. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

I got mine 2-3 weeks after launch, when stock arrived. I noticed it bent end of last week, i was in no rush for replacement as it was hardly noticeable but did bug me, so in today at apple and boom! straight out with another!

RTJ

9. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

We're two peas in a pod. ;)

10. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

I concur re: Apple's customer service.

I once smashed my iPhone 4 on a petrol forecourt after a particularly bad week.

Went to the Apple Store at Meadowhall, Sheffield and the Genius girl replaced it for a new handset free of charge.

Last year my iMac's LCD screen failed. My local authorised reseller contacted Apple on my behalf and again they replaced it free of charge despite the fact it was three years old.

11. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Apple customer service is the best Ive had from any seller. I went in with my 5S expecting to pay for a replacement, and they ended up telling me it was covered under warranty and gave me a refurb replacement with no hassle!

The only complaint I have is when I make an appointment, it still usually takes them some time to get to me. But once they do, it is the best!

12. Toltepeceno, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I havn't had great luck with apple phone wise. When first switching to ios8 I could not activate imessages or facetime on my iphone and they could not figure it out. I finally got it working after several weeks not sure how (usa service). I had problems with my mac mini, could not restore over the internet. They could not figure it out or provide a solution but I finially got it working after a week (usa service).

A couple of days ago I called apple mexico (it's in costa rica) over my dead iphone and got cut off. I was never called back even after I was asked for my number and told i would be called back if we got cut off. I called back and for some reason I got service in the usa. I told him I dialed service mexico and he told me apple has no service mexico. I told him there most certainly is and the call center is in costa rica (they said they do service for mexico and the us, I'm guessing spanish usa and/or overflow as they all seem to speak english also. He then said costa rica is not in mexico. I hung up.

There are no apple stores here and never will be as a mexican company has to own 51% and apple will never do that as other usa companies have done. If there were apple stores the experience would probably be better. They do have a contract with ishop/mixup in some places for service, but service here and service in the usa are 2 different things.

My only point is that not everyone has the same experience and apple service can vary from country to country. From our perspective though they are still better than most of our own companies, if you try to return anything they will look a.t you like you are crazy.

13. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

You is so wrong