Damn Apple - They're taunting me :-)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MapleOne, Nov 11, 2009.

1. MapleOne macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm pretty new here and posted a while back when I thought I was going to purchase. I changed my mind last minute and stayed with a PC. So after many years of waiting for just the right model I finally broke down and ordered my new iMac November 9/2009.

I'm pleased with my decision because the new 27" screen blew me away.

[rant]
    I own five PC's and finally became so upset that I decided I HAD TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

My MS computers work perfectly until I install the updates. As soon as those damn updates install I start to get error messages and I spend hours fixing them. Finally I disabled updates in XP and the machines have been fine.... except my Vista machine updates in the background and pronto I get errors. Also I have things open overnight and I come in the morning to see it has installed and rebooted without saving my work. What the heck is up with that??

At work some of my programs are so big they take over 1/2 hour to start and these auto reboots are soooooooooooo frustrating

anyways [/end rant]

Now on to Apple taunting me... I was so proud of my decision and could hardly wait to get the iMac until I saw that expected delivery was mid December. I didn't like it but I figured good things come to those who wait.

So this morning Nov11th, I got an email telling me my order was shipped.

Yipeee
    Horray and all that stuff, what a pleasant surprise

All of a sudden......

It was the remote, those guys are taunting me by sending the remote first

What the :eek:

So Apple please stop taunting me ;)

2. No1451 macrumors 6502

What sort of error messages would you get from updates? Have you considered that you have an actual issue and the "updates issue" is actually a symptom of that?

As to 1/2 hour to start, that sounds like you're using very outdated and weak hardware, not a software issue.

3. MapleOne thread starter macrumors newbie

No I have huge Quicken databases and it takes 1/2 hour to shut them down or open them. I called Quicken and they said it was normal for a database of that size.

The errors are with Outlook connector, I finally got the calender updates to work with the help of Microsoft tech help and every time they update anything in office it wipes out the fix. I finally managed to figure out what to do to restore it but before that I spent hours trying to fix. Again MS confirmed my issue and said no fix at this time.

I did not decide to try the iMac solely based on the troubles I am having, I also think they make killer hardware. The operating system was only part of my decision. They can make all the PC commercials they want but so far no hardware I've seen has the wow factor of the new iMac. Having a different operating system to try is just a bonus for me, I'll have to see how I feel about it once I start to use it.