Damn... Black or White

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Black (No "border" distractions, but finger prints are much noticeable)

White (No finger prints really noticeable, but the white border can distract from the main screen)

Blah.... what to do >_<

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
I might offend someone but I'd go with black. You can remove and wipe finger prints away.

But you can't remove border distraction you get from a white iPad, unless you use a black skinguard with it, which of course ridiculous. :D

Your choice, as usual

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
STOP THESE STUPID DAMN THREADS ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is the reason this forums has become HORRIBLE now a days!

There are a 1000 threads about this crap already!!!

Last edited:

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
Haha good one .. nah .. it's just some people here prefer white over black. A post contain "Once you go black, you'll never go back" usually get a downvote. Not the same if it's the other way around.

Say my hello to your family, and my apologize to Shaolin Temple :D

scriptlol

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
I have black because i use it tons in the dark to watch videos or read with night mode on. If I was working with documents, or mainly using it to surf the net, do e-mail, etc, I would get white. Seeing the white ipad in all of the marketing materials with websites and documents on the screen is really attractive to me, but thats not my main use of it.

Just think about what your priorities are with the device and use that to guide your decision.

brandon8419

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Black, primarily for the reason you said (no border "distractions") I will say though that Apple did a great job in their marketing to make the white iPad look awesome lol. I'm still happy I went with classic black though.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006

caughtinfire

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
Bellevue, WA
I'd say consider what you'll be using it for the most. If you plan on mostly watching movies, go with black. If you plan on mostly reading/browsing go with white. If you plan on doing half and half, flip a coin. Or an iPad. Or if serious, go to a store and play with them if you live close enough to do so. Research has nothing on actually getting the device in your hand to try it out.

mcfinch

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
Black is what I chose and I have a black leather smart cover. It looks super slick!