Damn the Desktop?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aaronvan, Jun 11, 2012.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The lack of new iMacs makes me think Tim is going to move Apple towards a laptop/pad world. He obviously hates desktops. :mad::mad:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just because they didn't update iMacs today doesn't mean they never will. Today wasn't the last opportunity for Apple to announce new products. :rolleyes:

3. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Maybe...I think it's ironic that in their little promotional video for that 3D medical iPad app (among other things), the developer was using an iMac.

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Apple is very good at focusing the marketing messages... for one very good reason... it works.

iMac will have it's day in the sun.

/Jim

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I'm pretty sure they're not going to neglect the iMac. It's a popular platform for them and still has strong sales.

6. SteveCarriere macrumors member

It's easy to see why people are a little annoyed though. With all the talk of a "post PC world" and all it's easy to imagine Apple going to MacBooks and "I" devices.

7. bobright macrumors 601

I wanted an updated iMac sooo bad, and while the MacBooks look slightly tempting I just see no use for it. I mean I want a home computer, if looking for something portable isn't that what the iPad 3 is for? I've got that already...only good use I see for the MacBook Pro would be if I was a student or travelled a lot.

Bleh.

8. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

I share your anger :mad:

9. Vandefilm macrumors regular

So, all this fuss was about a slightly upgraded macbook pro with a nice display and a different version of google maps. Right...

10. HurryKayne macrumors 6502a

Yes..lot of bla bla bla..on Keynote stage...for nothing..and Forstall smiling...i hate him!!!Wozniak save us please...and magazines please make articles like..Apple..what the ..Mac?:mad: