Damn the Desktop?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The lack of new iMacs makes me think Tim is going to move Apple towards a laptop/pad world. He obviously hates desktops. :mad::mad:
Just because they didn't update iMacs today doesn't mean they never will. Today wasn't the last opportunity for Apple to announce new products. :rolleyes:

Comment

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
The lack of new iMacs makes me think Tim is going to move Apple towards a laptop/pad world. He obviously hates desktops. :mad::mad:
Maybe...I think it's ironic that in their little promotional video for that 3D medical iPad app (among other things), the developer was using an iMac.

Comment

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Apple is very good at focusing the marketing messages... for one very good reason... it works.

iMac will have it's day in the sun.

/Jim

Comment

SteveCarriere

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
It's easy to see why people are a little annoyed though. With all the talk of a "post PC world" and all it's easy to imagine Apple going to MacBooks and "I" devices.

Comment

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I wanted an updated iMac sooo bad, and while the MacBooks look slightly tempting I just see no use for it. I mean I want a home computer, if looking for something portable isn't that what the iPad 3 is for? I've got that already...only good use I see for the MacBook Pro would be if I was a student or travelled a lot.

Bleh.

Comment

Vandefilm

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
So, all this fuss was about a slightly upgraded macbook pro with a nice display and a different version of google maps. Right...

Comment

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Yes..lot of bla bla bla..on Keynote stage...for nothing..and Forstall smiling...i hate him!!!Wozniak save us please...and magazines please make articles like..Apple..what the ..Mac?:mad:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.