Damn this Windows Photosynth stuff is fast

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by aliquis-, Jun 6, 2007.

1. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DqZ8jAmv0

I've just started watching, it's on Slashdot.

Something similair for finding the right photo quick would be sweet. I hate how finder doesn't even show thumbnails (path finder does thought.)

2. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

WOW.....That's extremely impressive... I wonder what the specs are to run it.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I thought it was cool, but when the guy zoomed super-close-up to the text I was like oh, no way! Those pictures are damn high resolution. Cool video!

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

It's hard for me to give MS credit for anything because of the decades of pure suckage and borderline criminality, but damn that's some cool stuff. Mesmerizing. Kinda looks iPhone-ish the way it smoothly floats around and zooms and scrolls with damped deceleration. I am really curious how the hell they're reading all those pixels off the disk in real time though. Doesn't seem possible on anything like a desktop system.

5. aliquis- thread starter macrumors 6502a

In the BMW ad? Yes it was impressive. I wonder if they hold it all in RAM (massive speced machine) or can just read the data they need from the HDDs so fast, like, will this work on a "normal" PC now or in the near feature or was that some kind of monster they where running it at? He said it only used the amount of ram/pixels which where shown on screen thought... Maybe it just indexes the images real well somehow.

Impressive stuff thought, I much rather look at the web that way I guess, but all the ads will destroy it anyway if it where ever to be used. Hate ads =P

6. aliquis- thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thought it's not Microsoft innovated, they bought it up, so don't worry, you don't have to change your world perception to appreciate it.

I guess it might be possible with good indexing / filesystem.

Like your sign :D

7. MatthewCobb macrumors regular

I'm not normally into this kind of stuff, but it is truly astonishing! Blade Runner, eat your heart out! How does it work??? If Apple had bought this, people here would be going absolutely nuts.

8. contoursvt macrumors 6502a

That was unfu*kingbelievable! I thought it was incredible stuff. Very innovative...doesnt matter who developed it, its just amazing.

9. TiAdiMundo macrumors member