Damn you concrete

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnoporritt, Jan 17, 2011.

1. johnoporritt macrumors member

Today whilst taking a call I dropped my iPhone 4. Needless to say the screen broke not cracked but spiderwebbed so There are hundreds of little breaks all over the screen. My question is what is the cheapest way to get it repaired. I called apple and they said it would cost £149. Plus An additional £25 for a replacement whilst it is being repaired. I'd there a cheaper alternative. And how difficult is it to replace your own screen. Thanks for any help.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Actually, the concrete was an innocent bystander. Blame gravity. Sorry for your loss.

3. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

Not Gravity, Blame . . .

Don't blame gravity, blame the coefficient of friction between your fingers and the iPhone.

Step 1 is friction.
    Step 2 is gravity.
    Step 3 is concrete.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Don't blame the friction between your hand and the phone, blame the electrical signals in your brain causing you to weaken your grip

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

6. johnoporritt thread starter macrumors member

I hope you are all having a fun time but I really need to know about my phone and repair methods.

7. hssky97 macrumors regular

8. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Do you honestly expect that someone out there is just watching these posts waiting for you to post your question and will reply within minutes of yours? Its been 37 minutes or so since you posted your question, have some patience and lighten up, we are sorry for your dropped iphone, and while there may be a few 'wankers' who can't help but laugh at your misfortune, I am sure someone will respond with some helpful information, but be patient.

9. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

I dont think he was having a go at the people laughing WITH him