Damn you, iPhoto!

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2005
iPhoto has been pissing me off for weeks and I've had enough.

Everytime I plug in my camera, or card reader, or damn near anything that possibly could contain an image file, iPhoto pops up and loads for a few seconds and won't close until it is finished loading. I'm sick of it. I use iPhoto for almost nothing, except maybe to occasionally view images in a slideshow or whatever.

Keeping in mind that I am very new to Mac OS X (Tiger installed if it matters), can someone please tell me how I can stop iPhoto from loading each time I perform one of the said actions?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Use Image Capture (in your Applications Folder) to alter the default action when you plug in a device.

It's in the General Image Capture preferences.

Edit to add: You can also use the CD&DVD preferences pane in System Preferences.

Edit: ignore the above edit. That's for photo CDs.

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Open Image Capture, and change the preferences. Easy.

dammit. been beaten by a demi.

Comment

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2005
Thanks both of you, I haven't tried this yet, but obviously it will work so thanks!

P.S. When replying to a noobie like myself when a noobie question like this has been asked, it'd be great if things like "Easy." and "Duh." (for example) were not used. It's not like I was quizzing you. lol, I knew it would be easy, I just could not find it for the life of me.

Anyways, thanks again guys!

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
ohcrap said:
P.S. When replying to a noobie like myself when a noobie question like this has been asked, it'd be great if things like "Easy." and "Duh."
Be glad we didn't tell you to do a search. Hehe

Comment

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
ohcrap said:
Thanks both of you, I haven't tried this yet, but obviously it will work so thanks!

P.S. When replying to a noobie like myself when a noobie question like this has been asked, it'd be great if things like "Easy." and "Duh." (for example) were not used. It's not like I was quizzing you. lol, I knew it would be easy, I just could not find it for the life of me.

Anyways, thanks again guys!
I didn't say Easy of Duh! Anyway if you want to lay down any more rules on how people help you out go for it!

Comment

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2005
lol, robbie. I wasn't trying to "lay down rules", just a suggestion on how to make someone who already feels dumb for having to ask something so obvious not feel any dumber, lol, that's all.

Comment

Applespider

macrumors G4
ohcrap said:
P.S. When replying to a noobie like myself when a noobie question like this has been asked, it'd be great if things like "Easy." and "Duh." (for example) were not used.
I can understand not wanting 'duh' to be used but I can't see a problem with 'Easy' since it's more likely to be there to reassure you that what you want to do isn't difficult than being derogatory.

Comment

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
ohcrap said:
lol, robbie. I wasn't trying to "lay down rules", just a suggestion on how to make someone who already feels dumb for having to ask something so obvious not feel any dumber, lol, that's all.
Well don't I look the silly one eh? Duh! I was getting ready for some really good rules like I could only post answers if I was hanging upside down, or better drunk :) :D

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
ohcrap said:
Alright then... sorry I said anything. :(
Wow, you have really soft skin. I will say no more than that. You might just burst into a puddle of tears. ;)

Comment

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2005
lol, I really don't. I'm just tired from work and otherwise can obviously see that no one shares my opinion.

I only cry at funerals, except this guy's. :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.