Damn you power hungry iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HXGuy, Mar 25, 2012.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I have this external battery pack that I use to charge my iPad on the go, it's been very useful when I dont have access to a power plug.

Well, I'm using it now, and it can't even keep the iPad charged to the same level, let alone increase its charge. :( Started out at 5% battery and am now down to 3% after about 25 minutes.

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

3. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Eh?

4. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

He doesn't mean the iPad he means the charger

5. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

The new iPad uses more power than the earlier ones... This is nothing new and should have been expected. The battery is 70% larger but has the same battery life.

6. seadragon Contributor

I was checking out some new iPads on display at a local retailer and the percentage was going down as I was holding it even though they were plugged in. :confused:

7. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Using the new iPad while charging will inhibit its ability to recharge.

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Actually it depends what your doing I'm finding.. If its just surfing the web mine still charges like normal it's only playing games and multitasking that slows the charging process

9. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I hadn't heard that. I always charge mine overnight or while I'm at work, so it's not an issue for me.

10. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Honestly, I don't really know if there's any truth to this or purpose but several days I let my iPad charge down until it turned off. After that, I let it charge to 100% without touching it. After that, I used it and with average usage of 2-3 hours several times a day for 2-3 days, I finally had to recharge it, it was still at 20%. Prior to that, it had discharged a lot faster.

11. arterio macrumors member

I'm not really having a problem with my iPad's battery life. Am I the only one? I had mine on the charger all night, took it off at about 6:30am and it's 2pm now and I'm at 45% left. I've been using it heavily through the day too. Never owned one before, this is my first and I'm having fun playing with everything. I've been on these forums quite a bit, played some games, and watched some streaming video. My brightness is only around 60% though. It's bright enough for me. I do notice that if I turn it up to 100% it drains the battery quickly.

12. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I just charge mine when I sleep. You do remember sleep, don't you? :D

----------

The battery life on this thing is great!

13. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I really don't believe that it has the same battery life. Although it certainly does use more power.

14. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

It has better battery life. I just used mine for a 16 hour travel day (Rome to DC with stops in between) watching Hd videos and playing intense games. 10% after a solid ten hours...

15. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

Mine doesn't seem to last quite as long at all. Maybe I need to power cycle it or something?

16. iEvolution macrumors 65816

It is important to note that new devices battery gauges are usually inaccurate until a few charges in which the battery meter calibrates a bit better.