Dang IT! Broken glass back :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aham23, Nov 27, 2011.

1. aham23 macrumors regular

Oct 31, 2011
    4s fell out of my pocket from a chair onto a ceramic floor, BAM, back glass cracked near the edge. Pretty sure impact was on a corner. So sad, but it happens.

So where can I get real replacement back glass and is it easy to do. Much thanks.
  2. vtclan macrumors regular

Nov 26, 2011
    You can get one here at http://www.sw-box.com/Wholesale-iPhone-4S-Back-Covers.html they have the more expensive oem ones or their version which is about 1/4 the price. I havent bought any back covers from this site so I cannot give first hand experience but other reviewers have given their products a thumbs up.

Removing the back plate is pretty simple. I think the 4s uses a pentalobe type screw which is located near the speaker/mic area. After unscrewing, just push the back plate up and it pops out easily. If you dont have a pentalobe screwdriver I think sw-box sells one for a cheap price as well.

Hope this helps.
  3. roundstik macrumors newbie

Sep 7, 2011
    I use an aluminum back I got form ebay. Looks cool and took 2 min to install. Use a rubber bezel and a xoskin on the screen so it doesnt happen to your front
  4. panamo macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2011
  5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2010
    I heard replacement backs are either $25 or $30 from the apple store. Give it a shot.
  6. dthree36 macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2008
    I picked one form sw-box and it was pretty easy to install. It said it was OEM but who really knows when stuff comes from China. Everything still looks the same when I take pictures and videos so I am happy.
  7. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Sep 28, 2011
    Chicago, IL

I have tried invisible shield on my previous iphones and was not impressed.
    After 2 months with my wrapsol, I am very impressed.
    I have not dropped it yet, but it's simply just a matter of time -
  8. DougNg macrumors member

Oct 7, 2011
    ifixit just released a clear back with a kit for $30. If I broke the back of my phone I would totally use it as an excuse to get this kit
  9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2010
    Miami, FL
    They will install at apple store for 29 dollars.
  10. earlyupgrade macrumors newbie

Nov 29, 2011
    this. or you can get it on ebay for around $10 and do yourself (ridiculously easy). but check your screws on the bottom - if they are not philips head then you'd need to pick up a pentalobe screwdriver too ($5 or so).