Dang, now I don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bootsie, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I am next on the list at a local AT&T reseller for an iPhone 4, so I should get my phone Monday or Tuesday! :) I am so excited!

But I went out of town on Wednesday and just got back today to find out all about the issues that people are having with the phone. This was not the kind of news that I wanted to hear.

I am coming from a 2G so this is a really big upgrade for me! I have never really had reception issues with the old phone (not more than I would consider "usual" anyway) but the old phone was on T-mobile not AT&T, AT&T is supposed to be better in my area, and my friends that have AT&T have never had more issues, so I haven't really been worried about the switch.

But now I am kind of scared about buying the phone, I don't want to get stuck with a crappy barely working phone. (which is actually what I currently have since I sold the 2G on Monday thinking I would be able to wait in line for a phone Thursday haha)

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

3. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

2G's a solid phone. Does it really hurt you to wait it out a bit?

4. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I sold it on Monday :(

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

lol, bro...it's not a big deal. if youre sporting a 2g...you'll be thrilled to have this new phone. Don't listen to all this garbage. people are making it seem much worse than it is...trust me. i've yet to have any problems. Sure, i live in a city with great reception...but you probably do also. :)

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

The 4 is hardly a crappy barely working phone. I can make my bars drop by shorting the antenna, but in real world usage, reception is as good or better than my 3 previous iPhones. People need something to complain about. Don't believe the hype.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Get the 4 and don't worry. If you can reproduce the issue you can use a case as a workaround. Apple has 365 days to fix it. :)

8. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

Ditto. The phone is simply amazing.

9. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

iphone 4 with minimal reception issues (which can be fixed by a 20 dollar case) is still better than a perfectly functioning 2G. get the phone, apple is going to fix the problem.

10. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Thanks everyone! That is what I was thinking, if I have issues I can always get the phone replaced until it is right. I am so excited to get this phone, I was hoping they would call me today, but it looks like I have to wait a few more days. Oh well, it will be worth it! :)

I really wish that they had some of the colored bumpers in stock, but maybe they will issue free ones by the time the pink one I want is in stock ;).

And just BTW I'm a girl haha

11. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Just get the iPhone 4 dude, I didn't even know about this reception issue until I read about it on here and then purposefully wert out of my way to try and replicate this problem, same goes for about 60% of the people who are moaning about this problem, odds are if you just use this phone as you have been doing with your iPhone 2G then you probably won't even notice this issue

12. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Let me see if I can help you out in your decision making:

In 1991 I bought my first brand new car. A Camaro. Looked cool as hell. Took it onto the shop almost weekly for the first 2 months to get the paint just right because it had faults that I didn't notice when I picked it up. Every time they fixed it they made it a little worse. Finally gave up on the paint ever being perfect.

At the end of 3 months they replaced the engine due to a knock. Then they discovered the knock was not the engine it was just the flywheel. They took the engine out again and put on a new fly wheel.

Then the drivers side window wouldn't crank up or down.

Then the rear drunk lid refused to motor down closed.

Then the ignition module failed. Left me stranded in the middle of rush hour.

Then the right front tire wore out on one edge and the same wheel would make a clunk sound when the wheels were cut all the way to the right.

Then the seat belt started cutting into the seat covering on the drivers seat side.

Then in 1992 with only 20,000 miles on my new Camaro I went to an Isuzu dealer and traded it in on my second new vehicle, a truck. The truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I still have it 18 years later and its driven daily.

Hope this helps you out :)

13. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Are you trying to suggest that instead of buying a shiny new iPhone 4 that the OP should shop around and try to find a nice 2nd hand Isuzu? If so then I think you misunderstood his question.