Dang - Spilt Wine on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danerz, May 8, 2008.

1. danerz macrumors newbie

Last night (or twelve hours ago) i spilt wine on my mbp. It wasn't alot and the only part it got on that im concerned about was a small spot(about 1/3 inch) on the bottom of the right speaker grille.

I immediately turned off the computer, soaked up the spill, removed the battery, dried it with a hair dryer and then turned it upside down and went to bed.

Will it be safe to turn on now. Is there any circuit boards under that part of the computer. I think it's the cd drive.

Also the wine didnt seep in at all it just kinda sat there.

Thanks heaps

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I'd give you the go ahead to fire it up, shouldn't have done much damage if it didn't go under the casing.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ill second that, and congrats on being todays "i spilt my drink on my macbook" victim

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you're worried, open it up and clean the underside of the case top to prevent rust later.

5. danerz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. Just gave it another dry down with a hair dryer and powered up. No problems yet. I'm typing on it now and it is working fine. I'm going to leave it switched on for a few hors to see how it goes.

Is there anything directly underneath the grille on the right. I thought it was just another piece of metal, well that's what it looks like.

Thanks alot