DAO Freezing my Imac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Sliknik18, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Sliknik18 macrumors newbie

First, I have an early 2009 24", 3.06gh, 4gig ram, 512 GT130, Imac that (till-now) has not given me any problems.

Recently, while playing the mac edition of Dragon Age Origins, it has started freezing up on me. To be more specific, it has frozen on me each of the last 3 nights I've played (2 of the times I was in the Denerim Market). Usually after about 3 +/- hrs into playing. Each time I was forced to turn my computer off to fix the problem, which I hate doing. :(

I'm running the game on all high settings and getting great performance even in large battles. I forget the resolution I'm using but it is a little less than native, only because the native res makes everything on screen to small.

My question is has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing it? Is it hardware or software? and is there anything I can do to fix?

Thanks

2. steerpikegg macrumors member

I had similar problems with DAO purchased via steam - it ended up that I had some corrupt files and using steam to validate / check the files fixed the problem.

Failing this, have you tried turning all your graphics right down to see if it stops the crash ?

3. Sliknik18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't really played around with the graphics settings much, I simply found a setting I liked and ran with it. I suppose that I could try, only the freeze doesn't happen immediately. In fact, last night I almost stopped playing before it happened. Thus, I'd have to play for a couple of hours after tweaking each setting to really check.

Regarding the corrupt files, I'm not sure how to even check for that?

Thanks for your response.