Dark band on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Oct 26, 2014.

1. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I noticed at the top of my iPhone 6 there's a dark shadow more like a dark band. I have a genius appointment tomorrow so that they could have a look and hopefully swap it out for me for another one, however I have read many people on here who have had the same exact issue with there iPhone 6 so I'm not sure if it's even worth changing it or not, have any of you have the same issue and then swapped out your phone and gotten one with the perfect screen.

2. hashsi99 macrumors member

I returned my first (within 14 days) because of this. The second one I purchased has it also. As does my wife's (she doesn't mind though). I am going to try 1 more time, if it doesn't look better I will just live with it. 3rd phone will be delivered Wednesday, so I will be able to compare both before making a decision.

Seems like a common problem. Really disappointing since Apple touts a beautiful retina display.

My 5s was piss yellow, but dealt with it.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My plus has it in the corners. I have seen enough evidence (here and on display units) that I am unsure if it's a real issue. If it is, I will get it swapped in a couple months. If it isn't, I am slightly disappointed, but such is life lol.

4. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

I noticed this on mine the second I unpackaged it. But it really isn't that bad and everything else on mine is super solid so I didn't bother trying for a replacement. Sometimes the heartache and trouble just isn't worth it for something so simple and small. Had it been something on the middle of the screen or more noticeable I would have replaced it.

5. CanadaEh macrumors regular

It's worth changing. Why keep a phone when you're not happy with something? Especially when you paid top dollar

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Mine has this also, it's almost as if the backlight (or whatever) doesn't reach the top of the screen. It bugged me at first but now I don't really notice it, and when I do it's only on apps with white screens (e.g. mail and messages, so nothing that I use all day every day :eek:)

7. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Saw an iPhone 6 at the store with a dark blotch at the top right hand corner. At first I thought maybe the glue hadn't fully dried but then I remembered its a display model which means its been sitting there for weeks. Not good to hear that you guys are receiving phones with these kinds of issues. I'm still trying to get my hands on a Silver 64gb iP6 soon but hopefully mine won't have this issue.