Dark blotches on bottom of screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by quagmire, Aug 18, 2012.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

The bottom of the screen on my 17" MBP have these dark blotches as if some of the LED's have burned out or something. This showed up a while ago, but nothing serious that would make me go to the Apple Store to get it replaced. I just turned on the screen and it is a lot worse( the blotches are a whole lot darker than they used to be).

How much does a LCD replacement cost for an Early 2008 17" MBP from Apple? Timing of it could have been better as I go back to school this week.... At least I have my iPad.

[​IMG]

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

3. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

I am not that technical( or brave enough) to attempt a repair myself.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

If I remember correctly, my old PBG4 screen replacement was about 600USD.
    Both for parts and labor.

5. MacRacer macrumors regular

And I though I was the only one on here with the same problem. Funny. It randomly comes up on mine from time to time. A simple restart will fix it (maybe restarted a few times back to back). I running a early 08 MBP 15". I been living with it for 4 years now. I think it has to do with the LED light controller. Sometime it will pop up like that once a month to 3-4 times a week. It not all that bad of a situation. I never bothered with it since I could never get it to show up when I took it to have it fixed. I could not get Apple to fix it since it didn't show up when I took it to the Apple Store. It was the "oh, your laptop is fine, there is nothing wrong with it" line. Sucks but I managed to live with it.

6. quagmire, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012

quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

I just woke it from sleep and it is back to what it always was for a few months now where you can see it, but you can barely tell it's there.

EDIT: Woke screen up and it's back....